Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Adventures in the Philippines: Surigao Del Sur

June 2013


My second time in Mindanao (after going to Davao last August 2012 alone). I was contemplating between going to Bucas Grande or Enchanted River. Cost wise, Bucas Grande is a bit expensive for a solo traveler like me, imagine renting a whole boat if there is no one to share with. It is just so happen to that when I posted in couch surfing group in fb that I am going to Butuan City, a guy named Harry Balais replied and he said he also organizes a trip there. His group is coming from Davao. I agreed to join their group.



We agreed to meet up in San Francisco in Surigao. Next morning, they picked me up from the terminal.



Our first stop was Tinuy-An falls - a waterfalls found in Bislig City. This 3-tiered water falls is considered the Niagara falls of the Philippines.







After having lunch in this cool place, we went to the Enchanted River in Talisay, Hinatuan.

No one knows where the water comes from as it is six hundred meters away from coastline of Hinatuan Bay. The water, as you can see from the photos are so blue it looks unreal. You can't see the fishes in these photos but they are really BIG. No one is allowed to swim when they feed the fishes here (which is during 3pm as I remember) for few minutes. This place is one of the most beautiful places I've been to in the Philippines and I recommend everyone to see this at least once in your life.







After staying here for few hours, we went back to the road again, this time going to a resort to spend the night.




The next morning, we went island hopping - Britannia group of islands. You can see more photos here from Harry's website.



First stop is Naked island. Naked because there's no trees, just white sand bar here.






And then other islands such as Buslon, Hiyor-hiyoran, etc.





 




Who knew these beautiful islands exist in this place? Honestly, I never imagined Surigao would be this beautiful... I was blown away. 



We went back to the resort satisfied and happy.



The next day, we went back to the road. Me going to Butuan city and the rest heading back to Davao.
I met so many friends and seen lots of beautiful places in this trip. I was supposed to cancel this trip but glad I never did.

I will write more about Butuan City on the coming days. Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment